Request a Home Improvement
If you are making a change to the exterior of your home or a change anywhere on your lot, you need to get approval from the Architectural Control (or Review) Committee for your association. There are some exceptions to this based on the governing documents for your association, however, the general rule is that approval is needed for all requests. Getting approval from the association is always the safest course of action to prevent potential issues.
Requests can be submitted to SpectrumAM in one of the following ways:
- Your Online Account- Preferred Method for Fastest Processing
- Submit your request by logging into your homeowner account.
- Select Improvement Request.
- Upload all of your documents and hit submit.
- Email- Email your request and supporting documents to email@example.com
1. ACC Form – must be completely filled out, check your associations’ website for association specific requirements.
2. Plat map with the improvement clearly shown on it. (The plat map would typically be included in your closing papers, but can be obtained through the county website.) A hand-drawn plat map is not acceptable. Please do not send original documents as they will not be returned to you.
3. Supporting documents for the request. Typically this includes a brochure or pictures of the proposed improvement(s).
All documents are required before an Improvement request can be submitted to your committee.
To log into your account, select homeowner log in on spectrumam.com. Enter your email address that you used to create your account and your password.
Forgot your password? Select reset your password, enter your email address and a temporary password will be emailed to you.
Don’t have an account? Select Register a new account, and enter the information required with the “*”. We will verify the information and send you a password within one business day.
Each community has an Architectural Control Committee, aka ACC or ARC.
This committee is a group of volunteers, usually appointed by the Board of Directors, who usually reside in the Community and whose purpose is to preserve and enhance the Community’s appearance, character, overall aesthetic, and property value. They do this by reviewing ACC requests to make sure they are in compliance with the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (DCCR’s).
Spectrum acts as the liaison between homeowners and the ACC Committee. We obtain all the required information from the homeowner (listed above) and submit the request to the ACC Committee for review. Property Improvement Requests are submitted through the Spectrum website and reviewed by the ACC Coordinator to make sure the request has all the required information before it is sent to the ACC Committee for approval or denial.
If there are any questions regarding your request, an ACC Coordinator will contact you.
Your association’s documents determine the amount of time the ACC Committee has to review the improvement request. Typically, the ACC Committee has 30 days to review an improvement request after all of the requested documents have been submitted to them for review, but the time allowed may be longer or shorter than that. Spectrum will notify you of the approval or denial when the response has been received from the committee.
Once the ACC Committee has approved/denied your improvement request, Spectrum will notify you via email. If denied we will include the stipulations or reason for denial. We also send an approval/denial letter via mail.